- 1 Forehead Rejuvenation in Thousand Oaks
- 2 Before and After Photos
- 3 Fight Signs of Aging
- 4 What Causes Brow Ptosis?
- 5 Types of Brow Lift
- 6 Benefits of a Transblepharoplasty Brow Lift
- 7 Candidates for Brow Lift Surgery
- 8 Personal Consultation
- 9 Brow Lift Procedure
- 10 Recovery & Results of Brow Lift Surgery
- 11 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 12 Cost of Brow Lift Surgery In Thousand Oaks
- 13 FAQ
- 14 References
Forehead Rejuvenation in Thousand Oaks
A transblepharoplasty brow lift is a surgical procedure that can effectively correct brow drooping via the eyelid tissues for a smoother, rejuvenated upper face aesthetic. Also known as a forehead lift, or forehead rejuvenation, a brow lift surgery can restore a more youthful appearance in patients who are not looking to commit to full facelift surgery. Additionally, the transblepharoplasty (through the eyelid) aspect of the surgery creates more natural results that avoid the “pulled look” or “surprised look” that deters many patients from having a brow lift.
Medical literature describes drooping of the brow, or “ptosis” as it is known in the plastic surgery field, as an abnormal descent of the brow from its anatomical position. This drooping is to the point that the patient becomes uncomfortable with the brow’s appearance or the patient develops visual field difficulties. (1)
Dr. Kouros Azar is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Southern California who can help you rejuvenate your face! Conveniently located off the 101, close to the 23 interchange, Azar Plastic Surgery & Med Spa proudly serves patients in Thousand Oaks, Malibu, Calabasas, Westlake Village, Camarillo, and Agoura Hills. Dr. Azar has performed hundreds of brow lift surgeries for his patients with outstanding results! To set up a personal consultation with Dr. Azar, you can call (805) 373-7073, or fill out our online inquiry form for more information.
Before and After Photos
Fight Signs of Aging
Signs of aging can affect our appearance in multiple ways. Unfortunately, one of the first telling places they appear is in our faces. Thankfully, whether it’s prominent jowls and marionette lines in the lower face, cheeks that have lost volume, or sagging and lines, there are locally available surgical procedures to improve how we look!
What Causes Brow Ptosis?
Although brow ptosis is sometimes hereditary, usually cases are acquired, the reasons for which are outlined below.
- Age-related skin laxity and muscle inadequacy
- Traumatic damage to upper facial nerves
- Myogenic (myasthenia gravis, myotonic dystrophy, etc.)
- Spasm-induced (blepharospasm, facial dystonia)
- Infectious (Ramsay Hunt syndrome etc.)
- Neoplastic (abnormal skin masses called neoplasms)
- Iatrogenic (postoperative results of previous surgeries)(1)
Types of Brow Lift
According to recent data, around 18 million people undergo surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures in the United States each year. (2) Given their increasing popularity, surgeons have developed and adapted a variety of different brow lift techniques to suit the needs of patients. These include:
- Temporal Brow Lift – A less extensive brow lift procedure that targets the outer third of the eyebrows. This type of lift helps reverse lateral brow drooping.
- Transblepharoplasty Brow Lift – The Transblepharoplasty brow lift is a modification of the temporal brow lift. It is also known as a trans-bleph brow lift or browpexy, and is a less drastic surgical choice for patients who want to solve the problems of sagging skin in their upper face.
Benefits of a Transblepharoplasty Brow Lift
The Transblepharoplasty is a popular option for people who want to subtly rejuvenate the eyebrow area. Brow lift surgery has a number of revitalizing benefits which are outlined below.
- Improves the appearance of the forehead
- Lifts and smooths sagging skin
- Subtle rejuvenation (no “surprised” look)
- Can restore natural eyebrow arches
- Addresses asymmetry in the upper face
- Can augment a traditional blepharoplasty
Knowing where you’ll be, who will help you, and what to expect is an important step in the cosmetic surgery process. See our wonderful surgical facilities and meet the staff that will help you on your facial rejuvenation journey!
Candidates for Brow Lift Surgery
A transblepharoplasty raises and repositions the soft tissue and skin of your forehead and brow, to give your face a more youthful appearance. As such, this type of procedure is suitable for patients who:
- Are dissatisfied with sagging skin in their upper face.
- Have heavy upper eyelids
- Want to improve “tired-looking” eyes
- Have horizontal worry lines in the forehead
- Want to regain a more youthful appearance
- Want to achieve cosmetic goals through surgery
- Have realistic expectations and goals for treatment
See what our patients have to say about Dr. Azar’s skills by reading our testimonials page!
A personal consultation is a chance for you and Dr. Azar to discuss the details of your treatment. He will begin by asking for a short medical history, including the medications you are currently prescribed. After this, he will visually examine your face and may test your skin elasticity and flexibility. You will be able to outline your expectations for your brow lift and ask any questions you may have about the procedure, your recovery, and your final results.
Brow Lift Procedure
Dr. Azar performs the transblepharoplasty brow lift via the same incisions as an upper eyelid blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). Once he makes these incisions, he carefully shapes the eyebrow tissues and lifts them into an anatomically suitable position.(3) The eyebrow tissue is then secured to the bone using a specialized fixation device known as an endotine for secure anchoring. Additionally, Dr. Azar may also adjust or remove sub-brow fat and excess skin where necessary to restore your naturally unique features, and create a smooth upper eye area. Any evidence of the incision after healing will be concealed in the upper eyelid crease.
If you’re interested in the intricacies of cosmetic procedures, why not stay up-to-date with the latest innovations and trends by visiting Dr. Azar’s blog?
Recovery & Results of Brow Lift Surgery
Recovery time after a transblepharoplasty varies from patient to patient, but most initial wound healing takes place in the first two weeks after your procedure. Symptoms will dissipate over time and can be remedied with medication and camouflaged with a gentle application of makeup if necessary. After your treatment, Dr. Azar will give you further information about how to care for the surgical site, your medication dosage and frequency, and when to follow up with him to not only have your sutures removed, but also ensure you are recovering as expected.(4)
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Eyelid Surgery – Dr. Azar can perform your Eyelid Surgery at the same time as your transblepharoplasty to reduce eyelid sagging and revitalize tired-looking eyes.
Neck Lift – Rejuvenation is just as important to some patients in the neck as it is in the face, so why not consider a Neck Lift to accompany your brow lift?
Injectables – For many of our patients, Injectables such as Botox and dermal fillers are a great accompaniment to facial surgery as they provide plumping, smoothing, and volume where you need it most!
Skin Care – In addition to the wide selection of surgical options at Azar Plastic Surgery and Med Spa, we have a range of medically approved Skin Care Treatments such as laser skin resurfacing, dermabrasion, and chemical peels for that extra glow you’ve been longing for.
Cost of Brow Lift Surgery In Thousand Oaks
Your transblepharoplasty procedure may vary in price depending on your individual circumstances. Financing for your surgery may be available to qualified patients. For more information, and a personalized treatment plan tailor-made for you, please arrange a consultation with Dr. Azar by calling (805) 373-7073 at your earliest convenience!
Is a brow lift the same as a facelift?
A brow lift is a less complex, shorter procedure than a standard facelift. The brow lift was designed to improve ptosis (sagging) and skin laxity in the upper face near the eyes and forehead, rather than the “all over” cosmetic transformation of a facelift.
How do I treat my sagging facial skin?
There are numerous ways to counter the aesthetic appearance of sagging skin on the face. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may opt for non-surgical treatments such as dermal fillers or neuromodulators (such as Botox), or for more long-lasting results, you could consider a brow lift, midface lift, or full facelift to eliminate skin sagging and restore your youthful looks.
How much downtime is there for a brow lift surgery?
Recovery time for a brow lift procedure will vary depending on the type of brow lift you have and your response to treatment. Most brow lift patients find that initial healing of the wound happens after around two weeks, after which, you will be able to resume your regular schedule. You should discuss your treatment goals and what to expect from your recovery period with your surgeon before your procedure date.
- De Jong, R., & Hohman, M. H. (2021). Brow Ptosis. PubMed; StatPearls Publishing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560762/
- Chiara Townley. (2019, March 17). Cosmetic surgery is on the rise, new data reveal. Medicalnewstoday.com; Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324693
- Cohen, B. D., Reiffel, A. J., & Spinelli, H. M. (2011). Browpexy Through the Upper Lid (BUL): A New Technique of Lifting the Brow With a Standard Blepharoplasty Incision. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 31(2), 163–169. https://doi.org/10.1177/1090820×10395009
- Brow Lift Recovery. (n.d.). American Society of Plastic Surgeons. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/brow-lift/recovery