Our private surgery center was built by Dr. Azar to the highest standards and is one of the few private Plastic Surgery centers anywhere to be accredited by Medicare through the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF). This means the facility is operated under the highest safety standards with expert staff.
At the completion of our Medicare inspection, we were given 0 deficiencies indicating that the inspector could find no improvements that needed to be made to their safety standard. This is very difficult to achieve.
Top priority is patient safety, preparedness for all situations and infection control. We have a team of a select few top trusted Board Certified Anesthesiologists (M.D.’s) and leaders in their field. We do not use nurse anesthetists for anesthesia. In addition, our nurses are hand chosen by Dr. Azar to be the top in their field.
They will make you feel welcome and comfortable before, during and after your procedure. By using his own dedicated team that is trained and experienced in the procedures we perform, Dr. Azar can focus on your procedure and completing it more efficiently than most other larger centers.
Rolling Oaks Surgery Center is conveniently located across the street from Dr. Azar’s office at 415 E. Rolling Oaks Drive Suite 115 Thousand Oaks, CA 91361. Phone (805) 373-7073.
The AAAASF is devoted to ensuring that patients receive the best possible care at each accredited outpatient surgical facility. They have advocated for laws to mandate accreditation, and have been successful here in California, where certification for all outpatient facilities that administer sedation or general anesthesia is now required.
To receive accreditation from the AAAASF, facilities must comply with a variety of rules and regulations.
- All procedures performed at the facility must be performed by qualified surgeons who meet stringent standards (i.e. continuing education, peer review, and hospital privileges). Surgeons must be board-certified in a specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Surgeons must also have privileges to perform the same procedure at a local hospital.
- Anesthesia must be administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist.
- Maintain a staff of certified surgical technicians, registered nurses or licensed practical nurses who are trained in ACLS and to recognize the signs of cardiac or respiratory distress.
- Adhere to all federal laws and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations including blood-borne pathogen and hazardous waste standards.
- They must adhere to regulations for safety, sanitation, and building codes.
- Use and practice advanced monitoring for patient safety during surgery and immediate recovery.
In addition to inspection and evaluation of the facility at the time of certification, the AAAASF also monitors facilities at regular intervals to ensure continued quality and safety. Our surgery center has met and exceeded the requirements for AAAASF accreditation and Medicare which are even more stringent Federal government standards, and we firmly believe that there’s nowhere better to have your outpatient cosmetic surgery.
You can verify the accreditation status of any surgical facility by contacting the accrediting organization, specifically: AAAASF at (888) 545-5222 or www.aaaasf.org