Having full, shapely breasts can help you feel more feminine, beautiful and self-assured. Dr. Kouros Azar’s integrity, refined surgical skills, and ingenuity have helped thousands of women attain the attractive, balanced figure they envision for themselves.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Kouros Azar has earned a reputation as one of the top surgeons for breast augmentation in Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Newbury Park, Agoura Hills and surrounding areas.
If you are considering breast augmentation or another cosmetic procedure, request a consultation with Dr. Azar to discuss the possibilities. Or you can call our office at (805) 373-7073 and one of our knowledgeable, friendly staff members will help you.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 The Breasts You Want
- 3 Your Choices for the Breasts You Want
- 4 Your Recovery & Beyond
- 5 Why Dr. Azar for Breast Augmentation?
- 6 FAQs
- 6.1 What is the right size for my breast implants?
- 6.2 Can breasts become smaller after pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- 6.3 Are silicone breast implants safe?
- 6.4 What are Allergan® implants?
- 6.5 Will there be scars?
- 6.6 I am disappointed with the breast augmentation I had from another surgeon. What can I do?
- 6.7 Do you ever combine breast augmentation with other procedures?
Before and After Photos
The Breasts You Want
The women who visit Dr. Azar in Thousand Oaks for breast augmentation have their own personal reasons for considering plastic surgery. He can customize this procedure to give you the improvements you want, which may include one or more of the following:
- Increasing the size of naturally small breasts
- Restoring your breasts to the size they were before pregnancy or weight loss
- Enhancing breast shape for a fuller, more curvaceous look
- Balancing a difference in size between breasts
For more information about the procedure and recovery, see our Breast Augmentation FAQs below.
Your Choices for the Breasts You Want
Once you decide you would like to go ahead with breast augmentation, Dr. Azar will walk you through a variety of choices which will help him personalize your results. While your anatomy and lifestyle are important considerations, most of your choices will come down to personal preference.
Dr. Azar will help you understand how your outcome is influenced by your choice of incision location, implant placement, and breast implants. His patients from Simi Valley, Camarillo, and other areas appreciate the time he takes to help them understand the following decisions:
- Incision: Typically, Dr. Azar places the incision along the breast crease or around the areola where the resulting scar will be naturally disguised.
- Implant Placement: Implants can be placed under or on top of the pectoral muscle. The most common placement is under the muscle (sub-pectoral placement) because it usually provides the most natural looking results. Sub-pectoral placement also has been associated with a reduced risk of capsular contracture.
When it comes to breast implants, the choices are as diverse as the women who choose them.
Saline and Silicone Implants
- Material: Implants filled with saline (salt water) are available. There are FDA-approved silicone options as well.
- Shape: Implants come in the traditional round shape as well as the anatomical or teardrop shape. There are a variety of diameters and profiles available.
- Texture: The outer covering of the implant may be smooth or textured.
- Size: While saline implants are filled to the desired size, the size of a silicone implant is fixed and must be carefully chosen.
Dr. Azar is pleased to offer an advanced choice in silicone breast implants by Allergan®. These FDA-approved breast implants are made from a solid, cohesive silicone gel that closely mimics the feel of natural breast tissue.
Sold exclusively to board-certified plastic surgeons, Allergan breast implants cannot leak and are available in round and shaped, smooth and textured, to provide a more customized outcome than previous types of silicone breast implants.
Gummy Bear Implants
- Material: Gummy Bear implants are a silicone shell filled with a highly-cohesive gel that holds its shape even if ruptured. The Gummy Bear implant is actually a nickname for this type of implant. Gummy Bear implants were introduced in 2000 after being approved by the FDA.
- Shape: Gummy Bear implants are generally teardrop-shaped compared to the round shape offered by saline or other traditional silicone implants.
- Texture: Gummy Bear implant shells are available in textured forms to limit the chance of rotation or shifting of the implant. Textured implants are also less likely to lead to capsular contracture, a breast augmentation complication.
Your Recovery & Beyond
Dr. Azar performs breast augmentation in major area hospitals and surgery centers, accompanied by a board-certified M.D. anesthesiologist for the highest level of safety, comfort, and privacy.
This outpatient procedure usually takes an hour to complete and is performed while the patient is under general anesthesia or IV sedation.
During the breast augmentation procedure, incisions are made on the breast and a pocket is formed either under or above the pectoral muscle. Next the breast implants are inserted and carefully positioned, and the incisions are closed. While experiences vary, most women can return to work and everyday activities within a week, and resume their exercise routine after about 3 weeks.
Why Dr. Azar for Breast Augmentation?
Because breast augmentation is consistently the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure at Dr. Azar’s practice, he is very skilled and experienced in performing this procedure. His natural ingenuity has enabled him to adapt his technique to each patient’s unique anatomy and aesthetic goals and provide the beautiful, natural results they expect. While considering the breast size and shape you desire, he will determine whether breast augmentation alone or combined with a breast lift will best provide the results you want.
Dr. Azar regards his role in each patient’s life as a privilege as it gives him the opportunity to make a positive change. Each consultation is unhurried and devoted to helping the patient make a well-thought-out, educated decision that is based on her personal enhancement goals. His calming, genuine personality makes sharing very personal information feel natural.
Dr. Azar will help you understand all of your breast augmentation options to make a potentially overwhelming decision process simple.
An advanced tool in helping patients visualize possible outcomes, the Vectra® 3-D imaging system can show you the new you with great accuracy. This advanced system can help you visualize what you could look like with various breast sizes. It also enables Dr. Azar to accurately choose a patient’s breast implants.
In addition to including all major implant brands, shapes and sizes from FDA-approved manufacturers, the system can point out differences in volume and symmetry between a patient’s breasts.
Dr. Azar answers some of the questions he is most frequently asked by the women who visit him from areas such as Westlake Village and Simi Valley about breast augmentation in Thousand Oaks.
What is the right size for my breast implants?
This depends on the final breast size you want and your anatomy. If you have pictures of women who have breasts that are the size you want, I can take this goal into account when determining your implant size. Implants are measured in by volume, not by cup size. Your new breast size will be a combination of your current breast size and the implants. Another useful tool is our Vectra® 3-D imaging system, which generates a computer simulation of what you could look like with various implant sizes. It takes an experienced surgeon to determine the combination that will help you attain the size and shape you desire based on your own unique anatomy. You will also have the opportunity to try on different sized implant sizers in a sizing bra at your pre-operative appointment and discuss the final size with me.
Can breasts become smaller after pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Sometimes. If your breasts look smaller now, there could be 2 factors at play. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the breasts enlarge and the breast skin stretches. When you stop breastfeeding, the breasts may return to their former size, but the skin may have stretched to a point where it can’t bounce back. The resulting sagging makes the breasts appear smaller. Some women actually do lose breast volume, as well. I can perform a breast lift to help restore a rounded shape and breast augmentation to increase breast size. If there is significant sagging, a combination of the 2 procedures is required to achieve the most attractive results.
Are silicone breast implants safe?
Though many scientific studies have been conducted, none have linked silicone breast implants to increased health risks. In 2006, the FDA re-approved the use of silicone breast implants for breast augmentation in women age 22 and up, and for all ages in breast reconstruction. To eliminate concerns about implant leakage, newer silicone breast implants are made from cohesive silicone gel.
What are Allergan® implants?
Allergan breast implants are next-generation, FDA-approved silicone breast implants that offer a very natural feel and provide peace of mind from knowing that leaking is not a possibility. These soft yet solid implants respond much like a gummy candy when cut apart; they can’t leak or deflate. These implants are available in a variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate most body types.
Will there be scars?
During breast augmentation, I place the incisions either along the breast crease or around the areola, so although there are fine scars, they are disguised and become barely noticeable within a few months.
I am disappointed with the breast augmentation I had from another surgeon. What can I do?
I have helped many women get the natural attractive breast size and shape they desire, even when they’ve had complications with their initial surgery or their results weren’t what they wanted. Revision breast augmentation surgery is more complicated than the original procedure and requires a highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. I employ a host of new techniques in helping women achieve improved results such as the use of Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix, a new product designed to help woman with specific problems after breast augmentation. If you are unhappy with your results elsewhere, I encourage you to meet with me. I will help you consider your options for improving things.
Do you ever combine breast augmentation with other procedures?
Yes. It is usually safe to combine certain plastic surgery procedures. You can attain the improvements you want and have surgery performed just once with a in a single recovery period. Many women choose a Mommy Makeover, which typically combines breast enhancement surgery with a tummy tuck and liposuction.